This Event Sponsored By:
The Open Net Foundation (ONF) High School Showcase game is an ice hockey game that recognizes high school ice hockey players that are active in community service and/or demonstrate academic excellence. Proceeds from the game benefit the Open Net Foundation, a non-profit 501c corporation that helps put a “check” on childhood related illnesses and diseases.
- Two teams of High School age players will square off in a single game called the Open Net Foundation High School Showcase Game on May 13, 2017 at 6:15PM .
- In addition to the game, a player shootout will occur between periods to add an additional element of fun to the event.
- Each team will have 15 skaters and 2 goalies.
- The ONF will invite players from local high schools in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland.
- Players will be introduced before the game over the public address system and recognized for their high school, community service, and notable academic achievements. Players will line up on their respective blue lines as they are introduced and God Bless America will be sung by a vocalist.
In order to be placed on one of the teams, a player must raise at least $125 for the Open Net Foundation. Players can raise money in several ways.
- The player can sell a sponsorship
- secure pledges from friends and family using our online contribution pages
- simply make a donation of $125 by check or online
Regardless of which method you use, each player will be set up with a contributions page on the Open Net Foundation web site. Players are encouraged to share the link to their player contribution page with family and friends so that they can sponsor you with a contribution to the Open Net Foundation.
Players that secure more than $125 in pledges or sponsorships will receive special recognition. The top 3 pledge performers will receive the following gift certificate awards. 1st place $100, 2nd place $50, 3rd place $25.
[ninja_forms_modal_form id=5 text_link=”APPLY NOW”]